Wednesday, August 8, 2012

w.o.w.


OK, so this wonderful little store in Boyne City has this amazing.. thing ? that they do.  Every week, the owner (Ed) sends out an email educating his followers on a wine 'kind' and then a wine of that 'kind' is the featured wine at a discounted price; known as the wine of the week (w.o.w.).  

Ed is a wine guy..and knows LITERALLY everything there is to know about wines. He is such a unique gem of a resource to us in this beautiful town.  He can answer every question you have about wines, and foods, and pairings, and flavors, and grapes, and regions, and.........

The most awesome thing is that he and his wife hand select EVERY bottle of wine sold in their store. They do not carry a bottle of crappy wine. Seriously. It is like every wine in the store is a child of his, and he wants to see it succeed; just like any other good parent would.  He takes pride in his selections, and puts thought into his individual recommendations.  The one thing you hear over and over again from fellow Wine Emporium shoppers is, "We have yet to purchase a bad wine from Provisions"  ...Now that would give another buyer confidence!

So back to the W.O.W.  Since I am shy (I guess you could say when it comes to purchasing wine) I have made a vow that I will always purchase the W.O.W. and let you know about it!  I know, I get the best part of this. But my hopes is that in trying all these varieties of wine, it will expand my horizon when I go to the store and want to buy a bottle (and don't have Ed to help me).  Like the idea?  I love it :)  I will also try and save Ed's emails and add his professional take on the featured wine... it's nice to know you are drinking quality, even if you don't know/taste exactly what the professionals are talking about ;)


This says it all!



Take away: Shop & Support Local! You might just find a diamond in the rough!


xoxo.

~Because there is no such thing as perfect, or never.  
Our goal should be to find what is Just.Right. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment