Monday, August 27, 2012

mental clarity. essential.


Have you ever just needed a weekend to yourself?  Like one where you have no plans, no schedule, no one to cook for or take care of?  YUP. I needed one, and thank GOD I got one!

My husband was gone for his high school friends' bachelor party, and I chose to stay home (instead of travel somewhere...) I felt I needed some time to myself! Not greedy (maybe?)... 100% pure SELFISHNESS!

After experiencing this weekend, I am firmly passionate about everyone doing this at least once every couple of months, that is, if you don't get the chance to do this at a more frequent interval :)

(Side note: It was kinda scary being home without my hubs (first time ever).. he does have a way of making me feel safe.. I just had to get over it real fast)

Saturday involved the usual morning run followed by a trip to the local farmer's market.  It gets better... I laid out at the pool the rest of the afternoon! HA! How sweet is that!? 
I meal planned, got my grocery shopping done for the next 2 weeks and was able to spend Sunday afternoon on a cruiser bike ride to the beach!
Down time=peace=mental clarity=minimal thinking=ahhhhhhhhhh
This 'equation' is MANDATORY. And I am a Dr. so that is your order! Serious. Stress is linked to some 99% of all illness and if you don't ever take time to get your head clear and have some mental clarity in your life... Sickness is what you will have!

My cruiser, Lake Charlevoix, and clear skies= :)


I hope you get one soon, and I look forward to my next one!

Take Away: It is essential for good health (mentally, physically, socially) to take some time to yourself every once in a while... No plans, no one to bother you!  It will be healing to your body, and is the perfect ingredient for a healthy lifestyle.


xoxo.

~Because there is no such thing as perfect, or never.  
Our goal should be to find what is Just.Right. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment