Friday, August 3, 2012

my favorite 'pins'.. to date.


Some of you may know my slight obsession with Pinterest.  I know I am not alone. 
I have created a menu board in my kitchen, (I will post about my love for that at a later time) and in my will to stick with menu planning and minimal grocery store trips, I turn to Pinterest for recipes to aid my planning.
I LOVE pinning and re-pinning great sounding recipes, and on a weekly (daily) basis, we actually cook them.
Here are a just a few... (I promise more to come). 
PS: If I could be hired to test and blog about only recipes I found on Pinterest ... I would be in HEAVEN! It is definitely a guilty pleasure. (I feel like each new recipe brings me a new challenge... and my competitive edge tells me I am always up for a challenge)
AND no, I am not a chef.  AND yes, I promise to be honest. 

Black Bean Tacos from Endless Simmer.
Oh so good!
We have implemented 'meatless Mondays' so I am usually in search of good meat free recipes. My husband (and I quote) said "I usually dread meatless Monday's but this recipe is awesome!" So there...even from the meat-lover.  These have great flavor and are EASY to make.

~

Next, is Balsamic Chicken, Spinach, and Tomato Pasta from Multiply Delicious
(AKA tortellini make over)



The way this recipe is so flavor-ful and fresh tasting, it blows your mind! We made it and ate it hot for dinner one night, then packed it in the cooler and at it on the boat, cold for lunch. SO VERSATILE. Basic ingredients that just work together! Again...not very time consuming either!

~

Last, but not least, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells from Eating Well
These little gems are a little time consuming, but oh SO SO SO good!


Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe EatingWell


I followed the recipe to a T and had some left over noodles, but a large serving of stuffed shells and we ended up freezing some (which turned out good).  I doctored up some jared sauce... adding green peppers, onion, and mushrooms; and one time we made this I added ground turkey to the sauce for more of a 'meal'.

Welp, I hope you try some of these keepers!  And happy pinning!!


Take away: Go out on a whim! Try something new!!





xoxo.

~Because there is no such thing as perfect, or never.  
Our goal should be to find what is Just.Right. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment